Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Swings for the little dolls were a hit.
It was great fun.
So much fun that I am still tired.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
2. It was a rather busy week. I like that.
3. On Thursday I did not have any cute little grand kids to watch. My middle sister picked me up in the morning and we drove to Kalamazoo to visit with our oldest sister. We had a fabulous lunch at Zoorooba's. I had the grilled salmon, saffron rice, and hummus. All three of us shared one piece of date cake. I would travel back there just for a third of a piece of date cake. It was THAT good. So was the coffee. But most of all it was nice to visit with my sisters.
4. Friday is well pictured in the posts below this one. It was such a wonderful day. THGGM said that I was the annoying one, always worried that something was going to happen to someone. Nothing did. Now, does that make me ANNOYING or responsible? Much to ponder here.
5. Saturday morning we hosted breakfast for DiL1's birthday and for Father's Day. It was also Kado's actual birthday, but he is sharing a birthday party with Feintsje next weekend. THGGM made blueberry French toast for the occasion. It was wonderful, as was everything else we had to eat.
6. For dinner on Saturday THGGM and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. He wanted to go to Hunan, but I told him he didn't, he wanted to go to Olive Garden. It seemed reasonable to me. But I guess I was wrong, and possibly annoying, but I just don't see it that way.
7. The weather has been absolutely beautiful this weekend. Warm and mostly sunny, with just a bit of rain here and there. All I can remember from last summer is how extremely hot it was. All. The. Time. I can handle this.
8. Hmm. It's been more than 10 minutes. We took a break and went out for ice cream. First we passed an accident that had just happened. Then the line at the 'usual' ice cream place was too long, so we drove to MacDonald's for hot fudge sundaes instead and passed more police activity on the road. Anyway.., we came back home and enjoyed our sundaes in the back yard while watching the neighborhood birds flock to the new feeder. Lots of cardinals.
9. My new vacuum cleaner is supposed to arrive here tomorrow. Can you imagine what it looks like over here? I've been without a vacuum cleaner for over a week now.
10. The dog in these two pictures is my grand-dogger, Bethy. Oldest Son and DiL1 adopted her. She is recently recovered from heart worms, so she had been unable to run and jump and play. She can do all that now! Zeke didn't seem to mind, although he wouldn't play with her. Bethy has THE most beautiful blue eyes. You'll have to take my word for it, as of all the pictures that I took yesterday, these two are the only ones that turned out.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend, and if you are a father, Happy Father's Day to you!
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Well, except for THGGM. He had to wait until he got home.
The next stop was MacDonald's for Happy Meals.
Ours was long gone.
Especially children of the taller variety.