Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, July 21, 2014

Last Week Thursday Evening

 After all that swimming and playing on the beach we went out for dinner, again at Shelde's, because we love it there, and now so do Jonge and Famke.  Next we headed up the Mission Peninsula.  And OF COURSE, a drive past my favorite chicken barn.  Isn't it just sooo cool?  I love it.
 Just a field or so down from the chicken barn is a cherry orchard.  When we were here in May it was full of blossoms.  This time, it was full of cherries!  I do not think we could have planned that if we had tried!
 Here we are, standing on the 45th parallel.  And this is the Old Mission Lighthouse.



 The beach at the end of the Mission Peninsula is quite similar to the beach at the end of the Leelanau Peninsula.

 Hmm.  It sort of looks as if the playground equipment was also built in 1870, but Jonge and Famke LOVED it.
 These are the treasures that Jonge found.  Famke found more acorns.
 I could have stayed here all night.  But, there was ice cream to be had in downtown Traverse City.  This time Famke did not get a cone.  I believe she was still full from last time.  But I did convince her to finish my cone for me.  And she obliged.

No comments: