Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Do You Watch "Peppa Pig"?

"Peppa Pig" is a brilliant preschool-age cartoon out of England.

I had never heard of it before.  Apparently it is on Nick Jr. around dinner time.

THGGM and I have found it on YouTube and have spent a few evenings being entertained by Peppa and her lovely family, Daddy, Mummy, and little brother George.

It has helped us to better understand our grand daugther and her charming command of the queen's English.


Now we know why Hertsje wore a "swimming costume" all summer.

And why she is exceedingly polite, saying "yes, please" while everyone else is saying gimme.

Once I asked her how her diaper was, her response: "not so very well".

It also added to her joy of jumping in "muddy puddles", something that Peppa enjoys doing.

So you can imagine my thrill at finding a pig's nose for our Peppa to wear.  She was delighted with it!




And this is yours truly, being Beppa Pig.
Broeder also likes to pretend that he is George.  He really does. But don't tell our Peppa, as he only wears it when she is napping.

I was able to find Peppa and her family on-line.  Hertsje has the most amazing time playing with them.  Today she handed me the Daddy and Mummy, telling me that I must be "the parents" while she was "the children".  I just cannot say no to that.  (I've been looking all over for George.  He went missing this afternoon.)

No comments: