Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, September 13, 2014

Johnson Brothers "Autumn's Delight"

Last week at my favorite neighborhood thrift store I found this lovely vintage set of Autumn's Delight dishes (The rest of them are in the big cabinet).

It was 20% off house wears, plus we had a 20% off punch card.

Oh, I DO like these!

About a year ago I bought a roll of wallpaper for a dollar. Thankfully I could remember where I put it!  I added that to the back of the cabinet, not sure if I was going to like it or not, but I have decided that I do!  I DO like it!

And since my decorating style is "Antique Mall Booth", I think I did okay.

The dishes on the bottom shelf are also Johnson Brothers. Those are "Friendly Village" but not vintage.  We learned the hard way that the vintage china has a much sharper image.

Now really truly, I will not buy another pattern of dishes.  Can't say that I won't add to what I already have though.  Nope.  Can't say that.



 And, I still do like the color sketch effect.  Especially how the doilies show up.  Makes me happy!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Judy, it was so nice to meet you on Saturday. Afterward I told my husband that we all have so much in common. He said maybe we should have lunch together sometime, What do you think?
I too collect Johnson Bros china. Didn't realize how many pieces until we packed them up when we moved. Way too many-they are now stored in the back of the closet and I will have to reevaluate keeping them when we move to our smaller house next year.
My e-mail is Marlynerskine@yahoo.com
Would love to communicate with you.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

How cute are pig nose pictures> Very, very, cute! :0)
(((hugs)))