Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ten Random Thoughts

1.  Well the summer season certainly did fly by.  And for the most part, it was amazing.  
2.  But I am ready for fall.  I do not get along with hot and humid, and the last few weeks of summer were all about that.  
3.  It was time for the three oldest grandchildren to go to school.  The oldest two were more than ready.  Kado did not want to go.  But, after five days it started to agree with him.  And he made a friend, which made all the difference.  
4.  Pake picks those three up from school two days a week, so I still get to see them and hear all about their day.
5.  It is much quieter around here with just three.  Feintsje and Hertsje play very well together.  It is SO fun to watch them.  Hertsje likes to play "mom and dad" and "Dr. Anita" (her doctor's name).  She also adores all things "Lion King" and has five little Lion King figures that she plays with.  Feintsje likes cars and trucks, and he also likes to pretend he is a baby tiger.  Sometimes their worlds collide.  Other times, they do.  
6.  There used to be this sweet baby named Broeder who came here to cuddle and smile all day long.
 I don't know where he went.  This wild boy who likes to climb on things comes now instead.  He is just as lovable and cute, and full of kisses, but he would prefer to be left alone to climb things, open things, throw things, and generally mess up what anyone else is trying to do.  
7.  Today, while Feintsje and Hertsje were playing "mom and dad" I tried to add Broeder to their family.  They declined, both agreeing that they didn't want kids.  Hmm.  I'll explain that to "mom and dad" on a different day.
8.  I finished reading Stephen King's 11-22-63.  I found it very interesting.  THGGM is reading it now, so we can talk about it.  Last night I started Charlotte Bronte's "Villette".  Besides that I read a lot of Sandra Boynton and picture books about trucks.  
9.  I bought a new set of dishes at my favorite thrift store over the weekend.  Last night I emptied out a cabinet, added some wallpaper to the back, and filled it up with my new old dishes.  I did try to take a picture, but all it did today was rain, Rain, RAIN so there isn't a picture, yet.  This set is vintage Johnson Brothers "Autumn's Delight".  I could now probably have over a hundred people to dinner and serve it on lovely dishes, except that I don't cook much, nor could over a hundred people fit in my house, and if I have more than 14 we use paper plates.  But I always like to be prepared.  
10. On Saturday, while THGGM worked all afternoon in the yard, I sorted many of the toy bins.  Yes.  That is what my life is like.  I know, it sounds so glamorous and exciting.  But I enjoyed it immensely.  Really, I did.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I liked 'em all - but especially #7.

Since Janie Fox isn't "listing" anymore, I'm relieved that someone has taken up The Practice--and so capably, too! I miss Janie.