Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wonderful Weekend Wandering West Michigan

 On Monday morning I discovered how to tell that I had an amazing restful weekend.  Look in the dishwasher and find Thursday's CLEAN dishes still in there, and only coffee mugs waiting to be washed.  Yes.  That is how I can tell.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I ENJOY it!
We wandered thrift stores, craft stores, and hardware stores.

 Oh, and a REAL antique store, Depot Antiques in Spring Lake.

Have you been there?

Most places that call themselves antique malls have a mix of junk (no problem here, as I do like junk!), thrift (I like that too!) and vintage-y stuff which now resembles what I received as wedding gifts many long years ago.  But really, there aren't that many antiques around.

.
See that glass door bookcase?  As I am typing this it is to the left, although I never am quite sure where Blogger will decide to put it.

THGGM would like that.  As he shops, he fills two imaginary homes, one a mansion in East Grand Rapids, and the other a large beach house on Lake Michigan in Holland.

It is his equivalent to fantasy football, I guess.
Anyway, it does make it more fun to shop!

It's also fun to yell across a store that you've found something for the lake house, at least it probably would be, if we wanted to be all pretentious about our imaginary houses.  So far, it hasn't gotten THAT bad.




No comments: