Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Could You Say No To This Face?

Well, on Monday, I did.

Hertsje wanted to play with the birds on my bird Christmas tree.

I said no.

She said PLEASE!

I still said no.
Then I laid in bed last night and could not sleep.  I kept wondering why in the world I would not let this adorable little girl play with the birds on my Christmas tree.

Childhood goes by so quickly.  And it was not an unreasonable request.  She and Feintsje had a great time playing with them on Friday, when they took them off without even asking.

Today she never even asked to play with the birds.  But if she asks tomorrow, I am going to say yes!

There are so many things to say no about, that I am going to strive to say yes to whatever I can.

Because someday this time in her life is going to be over, and I'd hate to think that some night she will lie awake at night wondering why Beppe would not let her play with the birds.

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

You are an amazing Grandma. You family is blessed to have you.
Merry Christmas, Marlyn

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

:0( noooooooooooooooo

(((hugs)))

Rebecca said...

What a noble and fine heart you have!